Press release no. 08/17 of August 2, 2017
Agenda of the Federal Electoral Committee meeting on 3 August 2017
WIESBADEN – The second meeting of the Federal Electoral Committee in preparation of the Bundestag election on 24 September 2017 will be held on Thursday, 3 August 2017. The Federal Returning Officer also reports that at this meeting the Federal Electoral Committee will decide on complaints against the rejection of Land lists or the deletion of a candidate in the Land indicated which were filed by the following parties (complaints arranged in the order in which they were received):
- Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands (NPD) against the rejection of its Land list in Berlin
- Demokratie in Bewegung (DiB) against the rejection of its Land list in Rheinland-Pfalz
- Freie Demokratische Partei (FDP) against the deletion of a candidate from its Land list in Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Partei Deutsche Mitte (DM) against the rejection of its Land list in Sachsen
- PARTEI MENSCH UMWELT TIERSCHUTZ (Tierschutzpartei) against the rejection of its Land list in Rheinland-Pfalz
- Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (MLPD) against the deletion of a candidate from its Land list in Nordrhein-Westfalen.
The meeting, which will be open to the public, will be held in the German Bundestag building in Berlin, Marie-Elisabeth-Lüders-Haus (entrance Adele-Schreiber-Krieger-Straße 1), room 3.101 (Anhörungssaal), on 3 August 2017 at 11 a.m.
For further information:
Office of the Federal Returning Officer
tel: +49 611 75-4863
All media representatives will require valid accreditation to enter the Bundestag buildings.
All other visitors will have to pass security checks before entering the Bundestag buildings and show their identity cards. Please bring along your valid identity card.